Chateau Mont Choisi

This is a blog created so that former students, staff and teachers who were at Chateau Mont Choisi can come together and meet. Please do post comments by clicking the "comment" link at the end of each post. If you were at Chateau Mont Choisi: Join the Chateau Mont Choisi Former student/teacher/staff Group message boards at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChateauMontChoisi/

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Friday, February 26, 2010

Back to the Blog

Hello all CMC ex-alumni, it has been five years since I have posted anything on this blog, and for that I apologize. Life got busy and had its set-backs. Nevertheless, for some reason, life brought me back to this project. I have read all your comments - and deleted some very undesirable ones from spammers - I look forward to continuing this online dialogue in a more private forum.

If you would like - please join the yahoo group that I have reactivated - only for CMC students of any time period.

It is a lot more private than all the facebook groups that exist for the school.
Hope to see you all there - all you have to do is go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChateauMontChoisi/ and sign up - please make sure to write your name, year you attended school and where you are from.

I look forward to see the wonderful stories that you all have to share!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lilian Mary said...

I was looking for news from the Chateau and found your blog.Loving memories ! I was there from 1952 to 1953.I remember Mlle Wirtz. Nobody mentioned Mme Rouillet, who was my Advanced French teacher and a wonderful person.We were four Brazilians at that time. I have wonderful memories!!! Now I'm a healthy 75 years of age widow...Good luck to you all.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Mady said...

Mon nom est Marianne Jacobs, 70 ans, autrichienne.
J'ai passé un an (58-59) fabuleux et plein d'experiances a CMC. Moi aussi je me rappelle très bien de Mlle Wirtz. Elle était très sevère. Un soir on vu un jeune homme auprès d'un arbre. Ses vetements etaient par terre - il etait complètement nu!! Il tenait une lampe de poche dans sa main pour illuminer son corps.
Mlle Wirtz etait prete de s'evanouire. Elle ferma la fenetre, cria vers le jeune homme, et au lits les filles...
J'avais des copines de toutes les parts du monde.
Chrisiane Krüger (allemagne) la fille du fameux acteur Hardy Krüger, partagais la chambre avec moi et und fille de iles canaries.
A la prochaine - d'ailleurs je ne savais pas, que l'école n'existe plus - quel domage pour la generation qui viendra.
Marianne Kirstein-Jacobs, Vienne Autriche

10:59 AM  
Blogger Debi Townsend Carlisle said...

Mady , it was very nice to see your entry from 58-59. I was there after you I guess, but you are the first person I have seen who's posted time at CMC was before me. I was there in 1962 for one year. I too remember Miss Wirtz when I was there. I am really hoping that one of my roommates from that time period
Will come across this blog. Her name was Bettan Andren from Sweden. Another girl who I was really close to, lived across the hall from me on the third floor
Was from Durban South Africa, by the name of Caroline. Wonderful memories . I too, hate that the school was closed, as I'd always hoped to visit one day. At the time of my enrollment , I was about 11 years old, and I had no idea that I would treasure the memory as much as I do. Another of my roommates was the daughter of actor George Brent, and I do believe that Actress Debra kerr's daughter attended around the same time u were there. At the time I attended CMC I had been living in Milano, Italy with my
Mother and my brother and sister. Before that, in Paris, and before that we were from Houston, Texas. I have been married for 38 years, no children, and now live on a ranch in the hill country of Doss, Texas.
Good luck and best wishes to all.
Sorry I didn't answer ur post in French, but my spelling is terrible in french.

God bless
Debi Townsend Carlisle

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home